Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Memory Tree

My goodness! I slept almost 10 hours last night. Went to bed at 8:30 and slept right through 'til 6:30. Usually a good night's sleep consists of 6 hours, so this is heavenly!  I think my body is just preparing for the arrival of family. It begins today with our son, followed tomorrow with my in-laws, and then on Christmas Day our daughter, her significant other and my Grand Kitty (IG @copper_kitty) will arrive via air. Fun, fun!

I can't wait! But in the mean time, there has been lots to do, and I still don't know what we're having for Christmas Dinner. Or Christmas Eve dinner. Or breakfasts. Or lunches. See, I'm not exactly the world's finest cook, and so that part stresses me out. Plus I have Special Needs Eaters: one diabetic, one vegetarian, one picky eater, one allergic to dairy. I need to make an app so I can figure out what to fix to please everyone!

So in these quiet moments, I'd like to wish all my Internet friends a very warm, heart-felt Happy Holidays, no matter which way you choose to celebrate the season!  Thanks for following along on my quilty journey - it's been quite a ride!  I have learned so much from following you and my success at quilting would not have been possible without learning through the Internet. Thanks!


Here's a quick pic of our tree this year. It's a conglomeration of nearly 40 years of collecting ornaments, and I love them all! There is a little one in the corner - see it hiding out? It's the shape of Idaho and I hang it for my daughter who would like to live here again. And there's the 1977 Hallmark ornament - it cost $3.50 at the time, which was HUGE money. We bought that and a box of 12 plain blue balls, a bottle of Elmer's glue, some glitter, and went to town making our own decorations that year we were married. I have a good hubby. And down below are photo ornaments the kids made in Sunday School when they were little. I guess rather than a Christmas Tree, it's a Memory Tree!

And here's a pic of the dismal amount of snow that we have accumulated this winter. It looks like a fair amount, but for a ski resort area, it has been melting way too fast, so the net effect is minimal in the valley. Thankfully the snow is sticking around higher up the mountains.

At any rate, I'll stop rambling. Merry Christmas!!!

Barb

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! I had the same good nights sleep last night! Still sewing for Christmas! Just finished wrapping most of the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas my friend! How special to have all those memories as part of your tree. It makes it that much more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and what a great name a Memory Tree. We are expecting quite a bit of rain here and we usually get snow crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your tree! Good luck with all the cooking & company.....you can do this!!!! Merry Christmas - too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tree Barb - and such a neat way to summarize it. Trees are a big tradition in our family so I can surely relate. Lots of smiles and tears in each lovely ornament. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas Barb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't sleep a wonderful thing? Kinda like a message for the soul! You tree is beautiful and I am sure you had a wonderful time with your family. We are also having mild period here-it was in the 50's yesterday. Enjoy the next few days relaxing a soaking up the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...